February 26, 2013

February 2013

It seems like just yesterday that I committed to keeping up with this blog - LOL!  So much for that!  2012 was an amazing year.  For many it was scary financially, politically, socially and economically.  I guess that covers just about everyone!  One of the things that I learned is about re-inventing oneself.  Whatever I was resting my laurels on seems to have shifted considerably and it became time to take an overall view of my work and my self.


Beginning with work, our focus has shifted fully to full ship Theme Charters.  We were very successful with the first-ever European jazz cruise with Dave Koz (www.davekozcruise.com) and it was a complete sell-out!  There simply is no one better than Dave Koz - musically, as a person, as a friend and as an entertainer!  I do not believe that he sleeps more than four hours per night on his cruise.  He makes sure that EVERY thing is perfect!!!  And his fans just love him and love his cruise!! 



We were only beginning the process of the Blake Shelton Cruise
when I last wrote in this blog.  To say the least, it was a huge success!  Blake only stayed on for 2 days because of his busy work schedule, but that did not dampen the enthusiasm of the fans on board.  It truly is hard to describe how amazing each day was on this cruise!!  Neal McCoy was probably the biggest hit of them all!!  So much in fact that we could hardly wait to sign him up again! (www.countrycruising.com)  And Trace Adkins was, hmmm, let's just say the ladies really love him, sexy man that he is!  So he is our new headliner for 2014.  With Montgomery Gentry, Wynonna, Love and Theft, Craig Morgan, Lonestar and 19 other acts, Country Cruising 2014 stands to still be The BEST Country Cruise Ever!!!


We also have taken pieces from all of our cruises and created the (www.WineDineandMusicCruise.com)  Featuring 7 Northern California wine country wineries (each night you will get a bottle of wine delivered to your cabin from one of these wineries!), 2 re-nowned chefs and 7 musical artists including Kenny Loggins, Three Dog Night, Don Felder -formerly of the Eagles, World Classic Rockers with former members of rock super-groups, Aynsley Dunbar (Journey), Michael Monarch & Nick St. Nicholas (Steppenwolf), Fran Cosmo (Boston), Greg Walker (Santana), Randall Hall (Lynyrd Skynyrd), flutist Nestor Torres, duo Brandon and Leah and a number of other entertainers, this cruise is shaping up to be an amazing event!

We still are doing about 6 wine club cruises - http://www.ferraricaranocruise.com/ & http://papapietroperrywinecruise.com/ just to name two.  These are very intimate and generally sail in Europe.  With wine with dinner, wine seminars and tastings and exclusive shore excursions, these are really enjoyed by the clients and we have seen a lot of repeat customers.  You can check out the list at http://www.flyingdutchmentravel.com/group/index.html.

And moi, what have I been overhauling in my life?  I am finally taking care of me as well as I do my business.  I am showing up for myself and not feeling like I am selfish or self-centered for doing so -sound familiar?  It seems that those of us of a certain age were taught that we had to work and work harder, be selfless and give even more.  Finally, I can say that I work enough and I give exactly the right amount!!

I read a book on Jefferson by Meacham - not my usual taste - and came to see that America, for all her growth, is still working on the same issues, on some level, as we were 200 years ago.  I guess that I was sort of surprised (oh well, the last history lesson I had was in 1969!).  I think that as Americans we are beyond repeating ourselves - another LOL!  So here is what I want to remind you, there is nothing new under the sun, it has all been done before.  Let go and enjoy your life!  You cannot make any mistakes.  Everything is about learning.  And then loving. 

For me, it is all about travel.  Even if it is just up the coast to a small town for a coffee overlooking the Pacific.  All personal growth opportunies count  towards a more fulfilling and wondrous life!!  Happy New Year and keep on truckin!!





No comments: