April 14, 2007

Regent Seven Seas: Mariner of the Seas


Never have I had such a great Caribbean experience! We have traveled on many cruise ships but none so posh as the Regent Seven Seas. From the time you board you are immediately enveloped in a world of elegance. However, the pretense you might expect on a six star ship is nowhere to be found. There is a relaxed atmosphere on board that eventually even the most "type A" personality succumbs to. All your needs are tended to. All the details are attended to before you board to make your stay feel like you are on someones private yacht! The staff is super and clearly like what they are doing.

The itinerary was your un-typical Caribbean: Cozumel, Belize, Guatamala, Honduras and Key West. Because the ship is a smaller one they are able to go into ports that larger ships cannot. I cannot speak about the shore excursions as I did not avail myself of any. But everyone I spoke to said the beaches, kayaking, hiking, Mayan ruins, snorkeling, scuba diving and more were fabulous! I preferred the restful days hanging out onboard.

If you are looking for a different type of cruise experience from the mass market one, this is the cruise line to go on! Oh, did I mention that it is an all-suites ship and they have WALK-IN closets?!

No comments: